With all the technological advancements, the aim has been simple. Get more out of less and wherever possible, get the best of everything together! This thought has found its way even into the traditional barbeque grill in almost all homes. Earlier, the grills used to typically have a single type of fuel starting with charcoal and moving on to electricity and gas. Each has its own advantages, like the irresistible smoky taste of food from the charcoal grill or the quick efficiency of the gas ones. But again, why stick to only one when you can have the best of both worlds! That’s exactly where the hybrid grills come in – combining the best of not one but two types of fuel in a single grill, giving you much more freedom and choice in terms of the experimentation you want to do with your food.
Realizing the importance of hybrid grills, we got our panel of experts to review some of the best gas charcoal smoker grill combos and got a recommendation list for your reference. Let us take a look at some of the best propane charcoal grill combos in the market and why we think they are the best.
Top 5 Gas Charcoal Smoker Grill Combo Comparison Chart
Gas Charcoal Smoker Grill Combo Reviews
Have a look at the detailed breakdown of the five best gas charcoal smoker grill combos.
1. Smoke Hollow 4-in-1
The first hybrid grill in the list of our experts is the Smoke Hollow 4-in-1. If you check out a few other dual gas charcoal grill reviews, this is one model sure to find a mention in almost all of them. That goes to show how good it is!
There are a lot of punches packed into its 82 X 23 X 54 inches. Indirect cooking, smoking, searing or simple grilling – take your pick and it does it all. So, for the price of around 600 to 700 USD you are taking home not one but 4 grills. How’s that for a bargain? Here are some of the features of this amazing propane charcoal grill combo that caught our eyes.
What’s to Like About Smoke Hollow
- The multipurpose utility – 4 grills in 1! The model delivers what it promises
- The cooking space of roughly 860 square inches. If there are 4 utilities, there are also 4 cooking spaces
- The heavy cast iron grates ensure that the heat is retained for a long time after the grill has been heated up
- Built-in thermometer for each of the 4 units ensure that all your cooking is done perfectly
- Adjustable charcoal tray offering up to six different coal positions
What’s not to Like About Smoke Hollow
- With such a huge shape, it can be a little intimidating to assemble, especially if someone is doing that for the first time
- The charcoal smoker part of the grill needs to be touched up a bit to ensure proper air flow and ash disposal
2. Char-Griller 5050
Next up on the list of our best gas charcoal smoker grill Combo is another favorite of one and all, the Char-Griller 5050.
A mammoth piece with dimensions of 60 X 25 X 50 inches, this one offers not one or two but three distinct cooking areas – one for the gas burner, the second for the charcoal burner and an additional third side burner making it a perfect propane charcoal grill combo. The overall cooking area comes up to somewhere close to 1260 inches which is enough to cook for a large family.
What’s to Like About Char-Griller 5050
- The burners can be used separately so use it as the best propane grill or the best smoker grill, you always have a choice
- The ample cooking space with the flexibility to use it in parts or together
- Adjustable charcoal tray to allow direct and indirect cooking
- Porcelain coated grates that help in heat retention
- Ease of cleaning up after use
What’s not to Like About Char-Griller 5050
- A difficult assembly as it is a huge piece with all its options
- Special care is required to avoid rusting of some parts
3. Char-Broil Standard 1010
Moving ahead with our dual gas charcoal grill reviews, we now take a look at another amazing propane charcoal grill combo, the Char-Broil Standard 1010.
It is one of the smallest in the segment and yet features in almost all discussions about the Best Gas Charcoal Smoker Grill Combo. The reason is simple, it provides all the desired functionalities without comprising the quality and yet at 74.2 X 27.9 X 46.8 inches, it is smaller in appearance and hence easier to store. There are a number of things working in its favor. Let us take a look at some of these.
What’s to Like About Char-Broil Standard 1010
- Cooking area of 505 square inches that is sufficient for a small group
- Comes with three different burners and easy to operate
- The charcoal smoker has a lot of thoughts put into the design
- Crank adjusted charcoal tray and separate charcoal access door
- Porcelain coated cooking grates for heat retention and ease of cleaning
What’s not to Like About Char-Broil Standard 1010
- While the design is optimum for space utilization, the quality of material may be a little uncertain, with a high probability of rusting of certain parts
- Temperature control of the charcoal smoker is not so easy in the absence of air vents or dampers
4. Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D
This one is from the house of the makers who are known for some of the best smoker grills and hence it was interesting to check out the offering when they delved into the propane charcoal grill combo. The result, we can safely say is an amazing hybrid grill that potentially features in almost all dual gas charcoal grill reviews.
This is a testament to the fact that excellent design along with great utility is what makes the customer happy. The Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D is one of the most moderately priced grill combos in the market that works for more than reason. Let us look at some of the features that make it stand out among the competition.
What’s to Like About Dyna-Glo
- The entire charcoal smoker assembly – two air vents, air intakes below the control panel, adjustable charcoal tray to name a few
- Sufficient cooking area of 952 square inches, enough for a group or large family
- Commercial grade stainless steel burners
- Porcelain-enameled cooking grates for heat retention and easy cleaning
- Temperature measurement gauges to maintain proper cooking temperature
- Thoughtful design with side tables, towel stands as well as hooks for the tools
What’s not to Like About Dyna-Glo
- The Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D is certainly not the best propane grill out there, but it works very well as a combo. However, the gas grill can be improved a lot
- The assembly is a little confusing as the shipping is done in not one but two boxes
5. Char-Broil Gas 2 Coal
The final entry in our recommendation list for the best gas charcoal smoker grill combo out there is the Char-Broil Gas 2 Coal.
The beauty of this propane charcoal grill combo lies in its sleek design. The one major difference between this and all the others listed above is that this one is a convertible grill, meaning you can cook either using the coal burner or the gas one. This conversion though is easy and super quick, without the need of any additional accessories. The biggest advantage of this conversion is the limited space required by it. There are a number of things that work in favor of the Char-Broil Gas 2 Coal. Let us look at them one-by-one.
What’s to Like About Char-Broil Gas 2 Coal
- Compact design and lightweight is against the bulky hybrid grills
- Side burner for warming up sauces or keeping ingredients ready
- A total cooking area of 420 square inches
- Cast iron grates having porcelain coating for heat retention and easy cleaning
- Very easy to understand control panel for the gas burner
- Extremely quick cooking with the no-hassle gas option
- The attractive low price of nearly 300 to 400 USD as compared to other options
What’s not to Like About Char-Broil Gas 2 Coal
- It can be used as either a gas grill or a charcoal grill. Both types of cooking simultaneously are not possible
- The distance of charcoal trays is not adjustable. Hence, temperature control is directly dependent on the amount of charcoal which can be difficult
There is no doubt about the fact that a propane charcoal grill combo is a much better option than individual grills, simply because it gives the convenience of cooking with gas and the flavor of smoky charcoal grilled food fresh out of a charcoal smoker, in one place. Keeping this in mind, our panel of experts agrees that the Best Gas Charcoal Smoker Grill Combo is the Smoke Hollow 4 in 1 because of the following reasons.
- Multipurpose and utilitarian
- Thoughtful design
- Good performance of both the grills
- Ability to simultaneously cook on both grills
There is a lot that goes into making a perfect propane charcoal grill combo but the best should be able to deliver on both aspects at the same time. While the Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D is a close competitor, it’s gas grill needs some work.